What Is Digital Advertising?
Put your dollars where the people are: online.
While traditional marketing methods (like TV commercials or print mailers) aren’t dead, digital advertising methods (like Facebook and Google Ads) are far more effective at reaching your audience.
Digital advertising, also known as online advertising, includes running creative ads on search engines and social media platforms to drive traffic to your website. When targeted to the right people, digital ads engage potential customers at their personal stage in the sales funnel — and help guide them toward a purchase.
Why Do Online Ads Matter?
With more than four billion Internet users worldwide, more than half the world’s population is now online.¹ And they’re really online — American adults spend just under seven hours a day on digital devices.²
Your car shoppers are doing the same.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has become a cornerstone piece of any marketing plan. Businesses like auto dealers are investing more in digital advertising every year — as much as $15.91 billion in 2019.³
Why, though? Here are just a few of the benefits of digital advertising for your business:
- Online ads are relevant to everyone. No matter where someone is in the buyer’s journey, you can inspire or educate them with an effective online ad. Attract new leads, conquest competitors’ leads, and even remarket to leads who have already shown interest in your business to help keep your store top-of-mind.
- Online ads offer valuable data. It’s hard to measure the return on investment (ROI) of, say, a billboard — but with digital ads, you have access to a wealth of useful information. See what pages users are viewing, how long they’re browsing your website, and countless other lead tracking metrics to help you optimize your campaigns for the best ROI.
- PPC marketing is relatively cheap. Most digital ad budgets are based on clicks, so you’re charged only when someone actually engages with your ad, not just when they see it. Since the cost per click is low to begin with — and since you can expect about $2 back for every $1 you spend⁴ — online ads are far more cost-effective than most traditional advertising methods.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
There are two main avenues for digital advertising: search engine marketing (SEM) and social media marketing. Let’s start with SEM.
Also known as “paid search,” SEM is a useful branding tool for spreading the word about your business.
Search ads include both text ads (shown at the top of a search results page, based on specific keywords used by searchers) and visual/display ads (shown on select websites, based on your advertising goals).
Common SEM platforms include:
9 Clouds has a highly experienced SEM team; in fact, our clients rank above national averages for Google Ads. You can learn more about improving your own SEM by downloading our free Money-Saving Hacks for Google Ads eBook.EXPLORE OUR GOOGLE ADVERTISING SERVICE
Social Media Marketing
The second main type of online advertising is social media marketing.
Three out of five people admit they are “constantly connected” to social media.⁵ It’s no wonder, then, that marketers are leveraging that attention with social media ads.
Social platforms allow you to create attractive ads in a variety of formats and placements — all targeted to specific users based on their age, gender, geography, interests, and on- and offline behavior.
Common social media marketing platforms include:
While 9 Clouds is experienced in all kinds of social media advertising, a main specialty is Facebook. You can learn more by reading our free eBook, Facebook and Instagram Ads for Auto Dealers, or by watching our free video series, 9 Clouds Live, Season 1: Facebook Ads for Auto Dealers.EXPLORE OUR FACEBOOK ADVERTISING SERVICE
Why Choose 9 Clouds for Digital Advertising?
Our specialized team truly cares about the performance of your digital ads. We use powerful, insight-driven platforms to continually analyze your campaigns, refine your strategy, and help you attract the right leads.
Unlike other agencies, 9 Clouds doesn’t charge a commission on digital ad spend. We recommend a budget based on what’s best for our clients — not our bottom line.
With our online advertising service, we can:
- Run paid search and social campaigns to place relevant, targeted ads on Google, Facebook, and other key platforms.
- Regularly analyze the data of your campaigns to get you the most clicks, lowest cost, and highest-quality traffic to your website.
- Connect your website to Cumulus, our special software for running dynamic Facebook ads that feature your inventory and update automatically as it changes.
To give you a better idea of what we’re talking about, you can see the results we’ve achieved for our clients by reading our online advertising case studies.
You can also learn more about what it’s like to work with 9 Clouds by clicking below.
WHY WORK WITH 9 CLOUDS?
Get Started with Online Ads!
Ready to improve your online ads? Fill out the form below to get started with your free digital audit from 9 Clouds.
Looking for something else? Along with our full range of digital marketing services, we also offer a few “extra” services, including:
- Consultation, training, and short-term project work
- Specialized technology services (including tools for marketing automation, Facebook advertising, multi-touch attribution, and more)
Set Up Your Digital Marketing Assessment
In this short call, we’ll take a look at your current efforts to help you identify areas of improvement — not only for your digital ads, but also for your entire digital marketing strategy. Request your complimentary marketing assessment today.
EXPLORE ALL OUR DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES