SEO FOR AUTO DEALERS
Increase your site’s ranking on search engines and attract more customers by analyzing search trends, dialing in your site content, and publishing relevant blog posts and landing pages.
What Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
You’ve heard the term SEO. But what does it really mean?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is exactly what it sounds like: optimizing your website to show up on search engines like Google or Bing. But the actual practice of SEO is a lot harder than it sounds. Since Google’s ranking algorithms change constantly — and since Google won’t share what those algorithms even are — it can be difficult for digital marketers to keep up with the latest tactics for automotive SEO, let alone implement them.
Many marketers claim to know the “secret” to mastering SEO, but here’s the real secret: there isn’t one. Ranking highly on search engines isn’t a matter of tricking Google — it’s a matter of making your website as user-friendly as possible by analyzing search trends, creating high-quality content, and making technical improvements to your site. It’s all part of a successful content marketing strategy.
Why Does SEO Matter for Auto Dealers?
Think about your own shopping habits. How often do you turn to Google to research a product or service — especially one as important as a vehicle?
Every second, Google processes more than 40,000 search queries.¹ And on the average car shopper’s path to purchase, 16 out of 24 touchpoints are digital.² So don’t think for a moment that your customers aren’t going to Google to find their next vehicle!
Need more convincing? Here are just a few of the benefits of SEO for auto dealers:
- SEO brings high-quality traffic to your website. Because your customers are searching on their terms, you can bet the links they click are ones they actually want to see. That means they’ll stick around your site longer — and have a higher chance of conversion.
- SEO establishes brand awareness and trust. When your customers search on Google and find your website toward the top, they recognize your brand as a reputable authority on the topic. And when they read the helpful content on your website, they trust your dealership even more.
- SEO is cost-effective. News flash: you don’t actually have to pay for SEO. Aside from the time and resources you choose to invest, SEO is completely free — which means you get a much higher return on investment (ROI) than many other marketing tactics.
A prominent presence on Google is one of the most important elements of your automotive marketing strategy. Download a free copy of our Guide to Automotive SEO eBook to learn more.
The 3 Main Types of SEO
Before you can master automotive SEO, you need to know the three main types:
- On-page SEO: Improving the visible parts of your website (e.g. incorporating relevant keywords, creating topical pillar pages, or publishing regular blog posts).
- Off-page SEO: Improving the technical parts of your website(e.g. editing page meta descriptions, adding alt text to images, or improving site load time).
- Local SEO: Combining tactics from on- and off-page SEO to increase your visibility in local search queries (e.g. updating your IP address, claiming your business listings, or responding to online reviews).
You can learn more about the three main types of SEO by watching Season Two of our on-demand video series, 9 Clouds Live: SEO for Auto Dealers.
Why Choose 9 Clouds for SEO?
At 9 Clouds, we live and breathe SEO for auto dealers. Not only is it the core of our own marketing strategy, it’s also at the center of the digital marketing services we offer our clients.
With our search engine optimization (SEO) service, we will:
- Review and optimize your current pages.
- Create topical blog posts and landing pages that attract and convert new visitors.
- Establish your store as a trusted resource in your community by increasing your presence on Google and other search engines.
To give you a better idea of what we’re talking about, you can see the SEO results we’ve achieved for our clients by reading our automotive SEO case studies.
Get Started with SEO!
Ready to improve your automotive SEO?
Get started with a free digital audit from 9 Clouds. Together, we’ll take a look at your current website to help you identify areas of improvement — not only for your SEO, but also for your entire digital marketing strategy. Fill out the form below to see how we can help!
REQUEST YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT
Explore all our digital marketing services: