Goodbye, Facebook Power Editor — Hello, Updated Ads Manager!
For more than two years, we’ve been preaching the gospel of Facebook Power Editor.
Power Editor was the best way for agencies and large dealer groups to create an ad or audience and quickly share it across accounts and campaigns.
That’s why this news is so big. Facebook Power Editor is going away.
But don’t worry! Many of the features (and all of the “power”) are now integrated into an updated Ads Manager. Some users may already have this updated interface. Everyone will have it in the coming weeks.
Here’s what you need to know about the update, according to our Facebook account representative.
Features in the Updated Facebook Ads Manager
- Two creation workflows when creating ads from scratch
- You can choose between a “Quick Creation” flow, which provides you the freedom to set up your campaign and ads in any order (like the old Power Editor), and a “Guided Creation” flow, which walks you through the steps to launch an ad campaign (like the old Ads Manager).
- Two publishing workflows when making edits to campaigns, ad sets, and ads
- This incorporates both the lightweight experience within Ads Manager and the ability to make edits, review, and publish in batch as you would in Power Editor.
- Instant publishing to live campaigns within the reporting table
- Following what’s already available in Ads Manager today, you can make edits to your campaign status, name, budget, schedule, and bid on live campaigns in the reporting table — and publish immediately.
- Automatic drafts and review
- All changes made within the edit pane will now be automatically saved as a draft — even if you close the pane — allowing you to review, discard, or publish edits at a later time. (I can’t wait for this one!)
- Import/export and duplication functionality
- Similar to what is currently available via Power Editor, you can create ads via the duplicate function and both apply changes in bulk and create campaigns via the import/export function.
- The updated Ads Manager now combines the powerful charts and activity history of Power Editor with the columns and breakdowns from Ads Manager. By going to Ads Reporting within the main menu, you’ll be able to easily see all of your reports in one place.
Expected Timeline of the Ads Manager Update
I talked to our agency representative at Facebook, and here’s what she told me about the timeline of the updates (emphasis is mine):
Over the next few weeks, we will be transitioning everyone to the new unified interface. Once you have access to the updated Ads Manager, you will no longer see Power Editor as an interface option in the Business Manager main menu. This may happen for members of your team at different intervals.
Global availability of the updated version of Ads Manager is expected by late February; by then, Power Editor as a standalone interface will no longer be accessible and everyone will be on the same version.
Facebook has published a page all about the transition and the new features. Click here to read more about the new Facebook Ads Manager.
We will continue testing and sharing what we learn from the updated Ads Manager. Make sure to subscribe to the blog to stay up to date on the latest.