From Clicks to Hires: Two Digital Marketing Strategies for Successful Recruitment
In today’s digital age, companies are constantly looking for ways to reach out to potential candidates more effectively.
Recent statistics show that more than 73% of job seekers use digital channels to search for job openings. With the ongoing labor shortage, digital marketing has become an essential tool for promoting job openings and recruiting top talent.
If that’s not enough to convince you that digital platforms can help you promote job openings, here’s more statistical evidence:
- More than 70% of job seekers start their job search on Google.
- Social media is the go-to source for Millennials and Gen Z job seekers (and Millennials will make up 75% of the U.S. workforce by 2025).
- Social media is the best way to reach passive candidates — those who aren’t currently looking for a job but might be perfect for yours — since they’re not looking at job boards.
- More than 90% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find job candidates.
Why Use Digital Marketing to Promote Job Openings?
Digital marketing offers several advantages over traditional hiring methods. Here are some of the reasons why companies should consider using digital marketing to promote their job openings:
- Reach a wider audience: Digital marketing allows you to reach a wider audience than traditional recruiting methods. By using social media, email marketing and other digital channels, you can reach potential candidates who may not have heard of your company otherwise.
- Target specific demographics: Digital marketing lets you target specific demographics, such as people with certain skills, interests or experience levels. By using targeted ads and email campaigns, your job openings will be seen by the right people.
- Use budget effectively: Digital marketing is more cost effective compared to traditional recruiting methods. With the ability to target specific demographics, you can allocate your budget more effectively and reach your ideal candidates without overspending.
Ready to get started? Here are two strategy opportunities for your business to get more eyes on your open jobs.
Opportunity 1: Advertising Jobs on Google and Facebook
Digital advertising is an effective way to promote job openings to a wider audience. Google and Facebook offer several tools for creating and managing digital advertising campaigns.
Advertising Open Positions on Search Engines
With Google Ads, you create ads that appear at the top of Google search results. Since a majority of job seekers start their search for a job on Google, you can reach potential candidates who are actively searching for job openings.
Your ads are shown based on specific keywords and targeting settings, including location. You can also retarget people who have visited your website or shown interest in your job postings.
Using Facebook and Instagram to Promote Open Jobs
Meta Ads let you create ads that appear in the Facebook News Feed and other areas of the site.
With ads on Facebook and Instagram, you can target specific demographics based on age, location, interests, and more. You can also create retargeting campaigns to reach people who have interacted with your company on Facebook or visited your website.
Opportunity 2: Using Email Marketing to Promote Your Job Openings
A study by OptinMonster showed that 91% of people check their email daily. Some businesses overlook how highly effective email is for reaching potential job candidates.
Here are some tips on how your business can use email marketing to promote its job openings:
- Build a thoughtful recipient list: It is important to build a targeted email list of people who are interested in working for the company. This can be done by collecting email addresses from career fairs, job posting websites, and through employee referrals. The key here is that you don’t want to blast everyone – only the ones who might be interested.
- Create a compelling subject line: Write subject lines that are attention-grabbing and clearly indicate that the email is about a job opening. Avoid using generic subject lines like “Job Opportunities” or “Career Opportunities.” Instead, use specific details about the position, such as “Join our Marketing Team as a Social Media Manager” or “We’re Hiring: Software Engineers for Our Development Team.”
- Personalize the email: Address the recipient by name and tailor the email to their skills and experience. Highlight how their skills align with the requirements of the job.
- Keep the message concise: In today’s world, it’s safe to say that your recipients don’t have time for a long story. They also know what a job opening is all about. Don’t waste their time. The email should be easy to read and contain all the information they need to know, such as the job title, responsibilities, qualifications, and how to apply.
Hire 9 Clouds to Bring You the Right Humans
Digital marketing is a crucial tool for promoting job openings and attracting top talent. Companies need to adopt digital marketing strategies now to stand out and reach a wider audience to find the right candidates.
If you’re looking to jumpstart using digital tools to advertise your open positions, 9 Clouds can help you do just that! We have a track record of helping companies find quality candidates for a variety of roles.
Request a proposal today to see how 9 Clouds can help you improve your hiring strategy.Get Your Proposal »