9 Clouds Automotive Marketing Blog
Where automotive meets digital marketing.
Do you “love” the new Facebook reaction buttons? Do they make you “sad”? “Angry”? All we can say in this February edition of the 9 Clouds Monthly Roundup is “wow.”
This week, the world’s most popular social media network turned heads by introducing five new reactions to accompany the “like” button.
Image credit: Facebook
For a quick summary of how these buttons will affect your marketing, read this story from Fortune’s Kia Kokalitcheva.
Now, here are the nine most interesting things we found on the Internet in February (which was chock-full of news!).
9 Clouds Monthly Roundup
1. Instagram, one of our favorite social media tools, has finally allowed users to easily switch between accounts without signing out. Marty Swant of Adweek has the scoop. Kudos, Instagram. Logging in and out for personal and professional use was painful. Another quick Instagram note — you’ll now see view counts instead of likes beneath Instagram videos. Andrew Griswold of Fstoppers has more.
2. We are big believers in Facebook ads. And Power Editor. You should be using it, especially if you’re an auto dealer, per 9 Clouds’ own Rachel Speiser.
3. You can always expect SEO advice in our roundup. Here’s Cyrus Shepard’s single best SEO tip for improved web traffic from the Moz blog.
4. Are you putting your landing pages to good use? If not, Neil Patel of Quick Sprout has some advice for you.
5. Most people are familiar with the Dark Side, especially employees of the First Order and Kylo Ren. But do you know about the Dark Funnel? You should — because it might be affecting your marketing strategy, according to Krista LaRiviere of BusinessesGrow.com.
6. Want to double your email open rates? Who doesn’t? Check out these tips from HubSpot’s Sam Jefferies.
7. Praise for the blogging platform Medium has been sung early and often. But is it unfairly skewing SEO? Dave Winer of Scripting News has a fascinating take that might make you hesitate before publishing that next Medium post.
8. If you’re an auto dealer, here’s some excellent news for you from Drew Harwell and Steven Mufson of the Washington Post. Car sales hit a record high in 2015.
9. Finally, Google is removing ads from the right-hand side of search results. This is huge. James Vincent of The Verge has more.
Subscribe for More Interesting Articles
That's it for February. To get your monthly fix of our most interesting reads, subscribe to our blog to receive the 9 Clouds Monthly Roundup and more. You will “like” or even “love” our blog posts. We promise not to make you “angry” or “sad.”