9 Clouds Automotive Marketing Blog
Where automotive meets digital marketing.
As promised, we've wrangled up nine more articles to motivate you throughout the month. We lead this edition with some incredibly inspiring words from a writer for The Atlantic. At 9 Clouds, we rely on creativity. As a reader of this blog – and the monthly roundup – you probably do too.
Ta-Nehisi Coates stirs us deeply with writing advice that can apply to any creative field, or really any endeavor in life.
“Breakthroughs come from putting an inordinate amount of pressure on yourself and seeing what you can take and hoping that you grow some new muscles,” said Coates. “It’s not really that mystical. it’s like repeated practice over and over and over again and then suddenly you become something that you had no idea that you could really be.”
Please do yourself a favor and watch the entire three-minute video.
And read the other things we found on the Internet that will similarly knock your socks off.
- Netflix. A powerhouse. Enough said. How did they do it? Firstround.com describes the three tools the streaming service used to build its empire.
- You’ve seen a lot of websites. Want to see the first website ever? Jesus Diaz of Gizmodo shows it to us.
- Jeff Bullas and Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen have at least one thing in common – they are more productive before eating the first meal of the day. Bullas tells us why you should blog before breakfast. Marty McFly would probably disagree.
- As an auto dealer (or really any kind of marketer), you need to calculate the value of your advertising and outreach efforts. 9 Clouds’ Scott Meyer tells you how to calculate the cost of each digital lead.
- You might be surprised to learn that millennials are the Ben Franklin generation, at least in the opinion of Adam Hanft of the Huffington Post. Hanft says millennials are slow and steady savers.
- Are you wondering if more website traffic will place you higher in Google’s search rankings? Roy Hinkis of Moz has the answer
- Facebook’s custom audience pixel can work wonders for your Facebook ads. Scott Meyer explains how to use the shiny new feature in this free webinar.
- When you use Google Analytics, you need to make sure to filter out certain traffic that can skew your results. Krista Seiden explains.
- Hey auto dealers, if you aren’t using video for advertising, you should be. Walkaround videos are great, but there are tactics that might just jack up your page views. Here’s some inspiration from FastLaneDaily.
That’s it. The best of what we’ve seen on the web recently. Stay tuned for next month’s edition, and click below to subscribe to our blog so you can stay up to speed on our other posts between now and then.